What are Cookies?
Cookies are files that can be downloaded to your computer through web pages. They are tools that have an essential role in providing numerous information society services. Among others, they enable a website to store and retrieve information about user’ browsing habits and their equipment and, depending on the information obtained, they can be used to recognise users and improve the service offered.
Type of cookies:
Depending on the entity that manages the domain from which the cookies are sent and process the data obtained, there are two types:
- Proprietary cookies: those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the same publisher and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third-party cookies: those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies. If cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the same publisher, but the information collected through these is managed by a third party, they are not considered proprietary cookies.
There is also a second classification of cookies depending on the period of time that they are stored on the user’s browser:
- Session cookies: designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a web page, they are usually used to store only the information that needs to be kept for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (a list of products purchased).
- Persistent cookies: the data continues to be stored on the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the entity responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Finally, there is another classification with five types depending on the purpose for which the data obtained is processed:
- Technical cookies: enable the user to navigate a website, platform or application and use the different options or services on it, such as controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted-access sections, remembering the elements that make up an order, completing the purchase process for an order, completing a registration request or participating in an event, using security elements during navigation, storing content for disseminating videos and sound and sharing content through social networks.
- Personalisation cookies: these cookies enable users to access the service with certain general features predefined based on a series of criteria on their terminal such as language, the type of browser used to access the service, the regional configuration from where the service is accessed, etc.
- Analysis cookies: enable the entity responsible for them to monitor and analyse users’ behaviour on the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookie is used to track the activity on websites, applications or platforms and to create user navigation profiles so that improvements can be made based by analysing usage data.
- Advertising cookies: enable more efficient management of advertising spaces.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: they store information about the users’ behaviour obtained through continuously observing their browsing habits, which enables a specific profile to be developed that can display advertising based on these habits.
Disabling and deleting cookies
Users have the option to enable, block or delete the cookies installed on their computer by configuring the browser options. When cookies are disabled, some services may no longer be operational.
The method for disabling cookies is different for each browser, but it can usually be done from the Tools or Options menu. You can also check the browser’s Help menu for instructions. Users may choose which cookies they wish to have enabled on this website at any time. The cookies installed on your computer can be enabled, blocked or deleted by configuring the browser options on your computer:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/impedir-que-los-sitios-web-guarden-sus-preferencia
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=es
- Safari: http://safari.helpmax.net/es/privacidad-y-seguridad/como-gestionar-las-cookies/
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Linux/10.60/es-ES/cookies.html
Cookies used on www.seastainableventures.com
The cookies that are used on this portal are:
|_ga||A Google Analytics cookie that uses an anonymous identifier to distinguish anonymous users. This cookie analyses users’ interactions in order to optimise the services offered. It is stored for two years.|
|_gat||A Google Analytics cookie that is used to differentiate between the different tracking objects created in the session. The cookie is updated each time the data is sent to Google Analytics.|
|_gid||A Google Analytics cookie that is used to distinguish users. It is stored for 24 hours.|
This notification offers the following actions:
- Accept cookies Do not see this notice again when accessing any page on the portal during this session.
- Close. Hide the notice on this page.
- Modify the configuration.